Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday the 13th, not really though, Friday the 9th

Today talked about facticity and transcendence. I tend to live heavy on the transcendence side, because I'm a dreamer, I always think set expectations, and want things over night, when in reality (facticity) this is not how it works. I admitted today that I was practicing bad faith. We had two example, the guilty homosexual, and the woman on a date. Both of these people were practicing bad faith, they were both aware and unaware that they are free. One was heavy on the facticity and the other on transcendence, but both people lacked having both facticity and transcendence. Both the guilty homosexual and the lady on a date had a separation between facticity and transcendence that led them to their demise, and ultimately to living a life of bad faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment