Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One justifies the other, and the other works for both sides.

I always believed that essence preceded existence, but after experiencing some of the things I have gone through, I truly agree with Sartre. Existence precedes essence. The problem I have with essence preceding existence is that it can easily be used as a justification to any wrong decision made, it allows the person who is making a decision to dodge its consequence and to ultimately avoid taking responsibility. I believe essence preceding existence is used to justify any negative outcome of existence preceding essence. Therefore, I believe the way one should live, (regardless of what they believe), is believing that existence precedes essence, because it works for both sides, even if one believes that essence precedes existence they should still live life in the mannerisms that are produced by existence preceding essence. Then there is no need to justify, one can credit his/her good life to either belief. Whereas if one lives life believing essence precedes existence, I believe they will be prone to giving into sin.



No comments:

Post a Comment